Thursday, October 27, 2011

As a sufferer of S.A.D. (Seasonal Affective Disorder), I found myself getting nervous about the shortening days. I reviewed what's worked for me in the past, which basically amounts to less isolation and more exercise. I remembered that when I used to go to the gym at UMM it essentially killed two birds with one stone. The days felt longer by virtue of working out under the bright lights of the gym, not to mention the fact of there being other people doing the same. So even though I love my work-out shed like nobody's business, today we joined the gym. Jake and I even got Cara to come along with us and we had quite the uplifting family workout. Yay! This is not to say I'm abandoning my beloved woods. Far from it. Tomorrow at 5:30 A.M. Ernie and I will be out there with our headlamps, keeping up our long-standing happy routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment