Monday, October 17, 2011

A while back I ordered some shoes from Zappos. They're grey suede Pumas that appealed to me because they reminded me of happy days running the streets of Staten Island back in the 70's. But once they came in the mail I had a moment of worry. I wondered if the shoes would make it look like I was trying to look young and hip when we all know I'm anything but. But, as luck would have it, like most worries in life this one was completely misplaced. I'll tell you how I know this to be true. On a recent casual Friday at work I was sporting my new Pumas, hanging out in my office with a couple of kids (being that that's my job and all), when one of them looks at my feet and says, "Are those old man sneakers?"

That girl in the photo above orders lots of shoes from Zappos--that's how I'm tying her into this story. She learned from her mother that it's OK to order as many pairs of shoes as you please, since you can always send them back (free returns!). Seems a bit sketchy, but what the heck do I know?

Oh, I do know that one certain thing. That girl sure is pretty!

2 comments: