Saturday, October 8, 2011

Recently I developed what I thought was a new vice, then tonight discovered that it is in fact a virtue. If only life were filled with such easy redemption. Me, no, usually I feel guilty about my missteps basically forever. I mean it's not all that unusual for me to cringe thinking of an unkind word I said to somebody 30+ years ago. What gives? Is it that my childhood home was wedged between a couple of Catholic schools? Was it the dirty looks the nuns gave me when I went to meet my girlfriend Lucille at St. Peter's? Did they put the hex on me? Well, nothing's going to alter my conscience now, so I guess I just have to make decisions I can live with in peace.
Now, onto my discovery. I have been enjoying honey in my green tea. It worried me that maybe I was imbibing too much of the sweet stuff, but tonight my mother brought over a book of Vermont folk remedies where the author (a medical doctor who wrote the book in 1956) states unequivocally that honey has more health benefits than Carter has pills. Sweet redemption!

No comments:

Post a Comment