Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Normally I don't go in for reality TV, but there's a new show I just can't get enough of--the Republican debates. Last night was a real barnburner. I mean, when you have one politician call another politician a "hypocrite" you have had a genuine moment. Reminds me of that little ditty about the guy who passes by a church and says, "I'd never go in there, too many hypocrites." A parishioner responds, "Oh, come inside, we always have room for one more."
By the way, I am not picking on Republicans--no bias here. I find Democratic debates equally foolish and amusing. "You're likeable enough"--anybody remember that one. Then again, a 40-minute conversation about "9-9-9" might be singularly stupid. Well, you don't need me to tell you about stuff that's already in the newspaper. But take my word for it, if you're looking for some good entertainment, tune in the next time these illustrious contenders square off.

1 comment:

  1. It really was amazing to watch these potential[?] candidates make fools of themselves.

    Nothing could be better than these debates to get President Obama re-elected in 2012.

    ReplyDelete