Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Reporting live from Boston! Yeah, that's right, the Birch Wisdom goes mobile like Roger Daltry wailing. Mobile, mobile, mobile... yeah! Yeah, so anyway, calm down. But soon as we got off the bus we came across this most fascinating sight. The demolition of a building was carried out while protecting the original facade. Now a new skyscraper will go up in its place while a wee bit of history is preserved. Neat.
So after that I took us a couple of miles out of our way on our paved backpacking journey--as I am wont to do when I rely on my instincts for direction. Now our dogs are killing us as we wait for Chris and Alice to get home from work. Luckily Max is already here to keep us entertained--if you can call watching him eat, drink and stare into his laptop entertainment. Side note: I just saw a smile cross Jake's face and I'm pretty sure he was thinking, "Dad thinks I slurp my tea?!--listen to uncle Max, now he makes some noise!" On second thought, he's just laughing at his Hunter Thompson book. People with the same genetic code are sometimes oblivious to the emanations of their kind. It's left to me and the Sweet to take note of these trifles.
But back to Max. When we were kids my father used to say, "all Max does is eat, sleep and watch TV." So that was my little takeoff on that up above, and I've probably mentioned that quote before. I just don't think you should mention something just once when you have the opportunity to rub it in again and again and again.
Well, that's it for now, but I promise a full report on Alice's coupon mania in the near future.

1 comment:

  1. Somebody's got to notice these things! It's in the boss job description.

    ReplyDelete