Saturday, February 25, 2012

Yesterday we made our long way home from Boston--the Green Line to the packed Trailways bus to the drive down lonely Route 9. But it was well worth it, that's for sure. I enjoyed every minute of my time visiting family in the big city. I woke up this morning in a languid state, content to just enjoy the view out the window. After a couple cups of tea and a big bowl of Mike's Muesli and blueberries I tapped a few trees, dropped off our seed order and got a pot of bean soup going. Now, though, I need to pack again, as tomorrow we drop Judy off at the airport, visit the Sweet, then attend a workshop on Monday in Bangor. We're practically jet-setters, I suppose, outside of the fact that we don't travel on jets.
Darn me, I almost left out the most important thing. This morning I shaved with the free shaving cream that Alice gave me from her coupon haul. She also sent us home with toothpaste, deodorant, mouthwash and various other sundries. And not only that, it's all the ritzy stuff, like Tom's of Maine, that I would normally be too cheap to buy. So when it comes to couponing, my sister is a wonder. Come to think of it, she's a wonder in every way.

1 comment:

  1. Aww thanks Mike! We loved having you and Jake too. So I tried to implement your Frugal Fitness idea this weekend. Yesterday, I marched around town with my shopping cart. Today I used a backpack for my coupon march. I'd say both were equally exhausting and probably used different muscle groups. I also signed up for YogaGlo.com which has a large number of classes online for $18/month which is basically the cost of one studio class here. I took my first class this afternoon and think it will work well for me. But it did make me realize my baseboards were dusty so one thing led to another...

    ReplyDelete