Friday, February 10, 2012

View from the tree-stand of the back forty. I took my repose and listened to the trees. How infrequently do we do nothing? You know what I'm talking about, the humanbeing thing. And it's not nothing, when you think about it; perhaps, in fact, communing with nature is the highest ideal. Puts me in a good place, that's for sure.

Today I finished the last of the blackberries we picked and froze last summer. There is something about eating fruit in winter that fills you with a special brand of sunshine.

The last couple of days could only be classified as a fake-out spring, so warm and sunny, to be followed tomorrow by double-digit snowfall and single digit temperatures. Hey, but that's Mother Nature's job: to keep the human folk guessing.

I guess I'll just have to spend the day feeding the fire and putting the water on the boil for black tea--harmless vice or first step on the slippery slope? Reminds me that once upon a time I wanted to open up an espresso bar called Caffeine Dreams. That was back in the day when people read books and sat in coffee joints actually talking to each other and not on their cell phones. So long, long ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment