Tuesday, February 7, 2012

You know how I love my Jack LaLanne quotes. I came across one today I hadn't heard before: "Exercise is king. Nutrition is queen. Put them together and you have a kingdom."

The elixirs will, however, keep you running to the bathroom. I go from green tea to water to apple cider vinegar to red wine to just plain having to go...

Yeah, I know, too much information.

Today was workout #11 of the Dan John program. Though the man is my son's guru, if I ever have the honor to meet him I will have to let him know that his prescriptions are just about killing me. But then you know how it is with the bitter pill... it's bitter.

I stand alone re: Madonna. Everybody I talk to tells me she was fabulous. Years ago Cara and I saw her in a Broadway show. Afterward we stood at the stage door and watched her come out and get into her limo. There was quite a scrum and it was lucky she had burly bodyguards. The price of fame, I suppose, but to us it just seemed kind of scary.

That's why I've limited my blog to 34 followers. Too much attention makes me nervous.

2 comments:

  1. I'm honored to be one of your 34.

    I'm in the fabulous camp regarding Madonna. I've always been in awe of her. But I will say that I thought she betrayed her age during the superbowl when she seemed to have a little more trouble than usual going from the ground to a standing position. Certainly more spry than most, but there was a definite scramble there. It was good to see she's human.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The muscles included inside the core group are the abdominals, chest, back, and shoulders. There are actually additionally some core exercises that focus on the lower body. When performing these workout routines, several areas of the body are labored altogether producing it an efficient approach to core workout.

    ReplyDelete