Sunday, March 27, 2011

Years ago Judy "Easy" C. said that Gerard "Iron Gut" N. was the "perfect man," and now I know why. Aside from being an all-around nice fellow, he's got the politeness schtick down pat. Last night we had a vegan disaster (it happens) when Cara made pizza with this soy cheese that had the pallor of a dying old man. Gerard, of course, insisted that it was great--though he did perform this interesting sleight-of-hand trick where he got Jake, who had already smartly professed to be full, to polish off half of what was on his plate.
Further notes from the food files: today I made my first batch of maple baked beans in the bean pot we purchased at the local hardware store. I don't want to brag, but a certain family member (who won't be named) has already run off to the other pot. Now that's high praise--and you know it!
Anybody out there have any other maple syrup recipes, send them my way.
Jake and I went for a nice walk on the Tanya Loop where we talked about everything under the sun, including his chess game with Chris where there's a time limit for each move of 5 days! I guess Chris just wants to make sure he has something to do when Alice sticks him in the nursing home.

1 comment:

  1. 5 days isn't long enough for an amateur like me. Though maybe jake will get bored and I can sneak up on him.

    ReplyDelete