Thursday, January 20, 2011

How do you challenge a person who subsists on a liquid diet, runs at 4:00AM and then does hot yoga at night? Oh, and did I mention she runs with a brain surgeon? If only I was a grandmother in Miami Beach: I'd have so much to brag about. Out here in Dufferville, I just make it up as I go along, so the challenge is just making something happen. Yesterday and today I worked out in both the morning and afternoon, and I might do the same tomorrow, so I guess that could be a challenge: 3 days of two-a-days.
I did a half hour on the elliptical with the 40 pound vest this morning, then the medicine ball routine and jump rope this afternoon. One new twist for me was that I jumped as fast as I could in intervals, using my handy-dandy timer. If you go to You Tube you can watch world-record speed jumping--pretty impressive. Also check out clips from the U.S. Jump Rope Championships. (Oh to be young!)
This morning one of the kids I take to the gym set up an "obstacle course," which consisted of animal crawls, running, jumping rope, push-ups, pull-ups, burpees, etc. She even drew up a diagram with stations. It was impressive and made me really happy about my job. After all, if it wasn't for my new obsession these kids would just be sitting in the bleachers gossiping and cracking jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment