Sunday, January 30, 2011

This morning I awoke with the idea that I would fly in the face of the Sunday ideal, so instead of having a nice lay-about, I geared up and went straight out to the sugar shack. I did a nice interval workout where I did 20 reps of the 5# heavy rope between each set of push-ups, pull-ups and sit-ups (3 sets of each). Then I did a complete dumbell workout (bench press, row, shoulder press, hammer curl, atomic with kettlebell) sans the heavy rope.
Remember how I wrote about thinking of total weight when you do a strength workout? That is, benching 100 lbs. 10x would equal 1000 lbs. Well, I was thinking that the other day when I did 1000 reps with the 5 lb. heavy rope, it was really as if I had swung a 5000 lb. cable over my head one time. Pretty manly, huh?

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture, you really have an eye for great photography.

    ReplyDelete