Wednesday, January 19, 2011

This is my "home gym." As you can see, I continue to kick it old school. Jessie, who rightfully gave me the devil for being a lazy blogger, told me she'd like it if I posted my workouts as it would help her to keep her own program fresh. And, since I seem to be writing nothing anyway and wouldn't mind having a fitness diary, I'm going to bore the rest of you with tales of my exertions.
The medicine ball is a new addition to my repertoire. Tonight I did a variety of exercises that I will detail at another time. They include the "wood chop" and the "Russian twist." I did nine different moves in all, three sets of each with two minutes of rope jumping in between each exercise. I then used the timer to do eight 30 second reps of the burpee move that Jessie taught me in Bridgton. Picture a burpee with a mountain climber stutter step thrown in and you'll have the basic idea.
In the morning I did the woodshed workout with Ernie (pull-ups, push-ups, sit-ups), doing the push-ups in super sets with dumb-bell presses for good measure. Gloomy days like today go down much better when you get the endorphins pumpin'!
Somehow I haven't missed a day of exercise since before Thanksgiving. Of course, now that I've bragged on it the streak will end tomorrow. And so what if it does--nothing like getting a new streak started...

1 comment:

  1. Can you post video? I cant actually "Picture a burpee with a mountain climber stutter step thrown in" .

    Also! thinking you need to send your loyal readers some fitness challenges. I'm ready to try!

    ReplyDelete