Friday, January 28, 2011

This is the natural spring toward the back end of our property--an abundant water supply that never freezes. I'll have to dip a pail in it someday and sample the water--just to say I'm living off the land.

Today's workout was a husband/wife affair, though you can do it with the partner of your choosing. We used a timer set to 30 second intervals, one person doing floor exercises while the other jumped, then switching at the beep. I also did pull-ups in between sets. When all was said and done, we did a solid 24 minutes of jumping rope, over 200 push-ups, at least as many sit-ups, etc.

Pull-ups

1. Jump rope/squats -- 8 sets

Pull-ups

2. Jump rope/push-ups -- 8 sets

Pull-ups

3. Jump rope/Atomic sit-ups -- 8 sets

Pull-ups

4. Jump rope/Stagger push-ups -- 8 sets

Pull-ups

5. Jump rope/Jack-knife sit-ups with twist -- 8 sets

Pull-ups

6. Jump-rope/Plank push-ups -- 8 sets

Pull-ups

I don't know if that looks hard or not. By the end I was having trouble jumping rope because my shoulders were so sore. Remember, with each set you're doing 8 sets of the rope jumping and 8 sets of the exercise. It adds up.

No comments:

Post a Comment