Thursday, January 6, 2011

When the kids were home from college we had a running joke about being fruitarians. I regaled our guests with the story of Dick Gregory helping a man to lose hundreds of pounds by being secluded on an island with nothing to eat but fruit. Did this really happen? Did I make it up? Or did I read about it in a tabloid on line at the supermarket? Who knows... but if you have a good story to tell, don't let a silly little thing like the truth get in your way.
Today, no lie, I'm about a bowl of cereal away from being a fruitarian-for-a-day. I've had bananas, blueberries, peaches, strawberries, pineapple, mango, cranberries and raisins. Then I spent an hour jumping rope, so I guess you know what that makes me: fruit salad.
First I'm silly, then I'm stupid, but fruit and laughter go a long way in beating the winter blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment